What is an Invitation to Participate?
Every Alignment SBC A-Team is charged with developing a Collaboration Plan that engages a wide range of community organizations in an effort to improve outcomes for the students of San Bernardino County. Once the Collaboration Plan is developed, the A-Team then issues an Invitation to Participate or ITP, which describes resources that are needed from the community. Community organizations are asked to respond to the ITP if they would like to be part of the collaboration. ITP responses are reviewed by the Operating Board monthly.
Submission Requirements for an ITP
Organizations who submit a proposal in response to an ITP must agree to the following statements of intent and conditions:
- This will be a collaborative effort. To achieve the goals of Alignment SBC, organizations will need to work together to provide services.
- While there are currently no financial resources to support the effort in the short-term, Alignment SBC intends to seek significant resources to support successful models for collaboration and delivery.
- Your organization may need to redirect resources, personnel and otherwise, to participate in the initiative.
- Alignment SBC has a small staff and is also supported by leadership from SBCS. These resources will be used where feasible to support your efforts.
- When delivering services in the schools, your organization must comply with SBCS policies.
- Your organization agrees to report resources contributed to committee work quarterly, using Alignment SBC forms and processes.
- Your organization will be asked to provide process and output information (i.e. services actually provided, number of students served, student demographics, sites, etc.) on an annual basis.
How to Respond to an ITP
1. You will need to create an individual user account.
2. Next, you must register your organization with Alignment SBC.
3. Once you have created an individual user account and your organization has been registered, your request will be reviewed and you will be notified by Alignment SBC staff.
If you aren't sure if your organization is registered or not, please contact Alignment SBC Staff.